Thursday, July 5, 2012

Hot diggity dogs!!

http://thriftyliving.net/2008/10/20/homemade-veggie-hotdogs/ when I saw all the ingredients  I wasn't excited. Finally I tried it. THE BEST!! Its makes plenty for lazy days and oh so good. My food processor is getting a work out. As long as you get all the ingredients out on the counter its not bad. This is a keeper!
In 1961 I was 8 years old, I had 4 other siblings. I hate that word siblings. I had 2 brothers and 2 sisters. My Father worked 2 jobs and went to college. On Saturday it was always hotdogs and beans for supper. Every Saturday my Mother would say eat what you are served or go to bed. Every Saturday I went to bed. Hotdogs were nasty back then. They gave me acid reflux. I told them they made me feel sick. Back then kids were considered perpetual liars not to be taken serious ever.
In the 70's I learned about nitrates. Oh great they are poisoning us slowly.
 Most cold cuts are so salty I have avoided them just for that reason.Hotdogs just totally freaked me out with their ingredients.
Now we are of the age of low cholesterol. No fat no salt no sugar no nothing go home.We have been vegetarian off and on. Judge not least you be judged.
Here's is a hot dog where no harm came to anyone. no chemical additives no excess salt very little fat and sugar. The store bought veggie dogs I've had taste flat. They almost taste like a hot dog. This one does its "spot on!"  

No comments:

Post a Comment